The Custometer is a readers survey for customer media. Available to evaluate print magazines & online content (adapted for online magazines, blog & e-letters).
- Organized by Custo, the Belgian federation of content marketeers
- Developed & conducted by InSites Consulting
- Available for evaluations of print magazines and online content (and further tweaked for online magazines, blog & e-letters)
- Versions for B2C, B2B & B2E
- Compares results to a unique Belgian benchmark based on 50 (print) Custometers.
- Combination of standardized approach (which allows to compare results with the benchmark) with possibility to add ad hoc questions (which allows to measure specific magazine goals).
1 LANGUAGE (DU)
- Print Magazine: 5000 €
- Online Content: 3500 €
- Print & Online Content: 7250 €
2 LANGUAGES (DU & FR)
- Print Magazine: 6000 €
- Online Content: 4500 €
- Print & Online Content: 9250 €
Which media are qualified
- PRINT magazines; with 2 main goals:
- How do readers consume and evaluate the publication? How can we optimize the publication in the future?
- What is the effect of the publication among readers on the perception and evaluation of my brand, products or services
- ONLINE content (customized questions for online magazines, blogs & e-letters), with comparable goals:
- How do readers evaluate the content? How can we optimize the content/platform in the future?
- What is the effect of the content among readers on the perception and evaluation of my brand, products or services
Besides organizing separate measurements of print & online content, it’s also possible to do a combi evaluation of the print & online content, with efficiency gains and a price reduction.
Find a full overview of metrics for print vs. online evaluations. The evaluation of online content is centered around the evaluation of the content & platform as well as brand impact, whereas for print magazines the consumption is also included.
HOW IS IT CONDUCTED?
- Ordering a Custometer is easy: mail your request to either firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. We will take care of your request and contact you for further information.
- Discuss the following details:
- Timings of the research project
- Determine the number of languages
- Tune the questionnaire to your needs with 3 ad hoc questions
- Decide data collection method (see further)
- Decide incentive (see further)
- Take the following framework of timings into account
- Confirmation of the project to InSites: 4 weeks before field work
- Input survey to InSites: 2,5 weeks before field
- Links available for online survey: 1 week before field work
- Field: usually up to 4 weeks
- Report: 2 weeks after field
INPUT TO DELIVER TO INSITES
InSites Consulting will deliver a template of the survey with clear indications of what input is expected and where. The input needed is summarized below:
- Covers of the magazine (if print): current magazine + 3 previous magazines
- Input for ad hoc questions (max 3 questions). In case it’s a print + online evaluation: we can add up to 6 ad hoc questions (3 for print & 3 for online).
- Input to complete the survey:
- Name of the magazine
- Employer names
- Number of magazines per year
- Changes to the statements within the questionnaire
After implementing the survey, InSites Consulting will share a link in order to test the questionnaire (before inviting respondents). Final feedback can be given on this link.
- The research project is conducted by means of an online questionnnaire (for print & online content evaluations)
- Respondents are invited to participate to the survey via a call to action in the magazine (if print), a link/pop-up on the website (if online), direct mailing, social media recruitment, etc. A mailing is always recommended as it is the most effective source to recruit respondents.
- How to maximize participation:
- Incentive (not included in budget)
- Support charity
- Share results afterwards
- InSites Consulting delivers a standardized report in powerpoint, including conclusions & recommendations.
- Within the powerpoint presentation, InSites Consulting will provide a comparison with the benchmark based upon the results of different Custometer projects.
- The report for print magazines consists of more or less 30 content slides, the report for online magazines consists of more or less 20 content slides.
- Optionally InSites Consulting can also provide a face to face presentation of the results.
- This is not yet included in the budget, the additional budget for the presentation is €600 ex VAT.